Recipe by Dominique Rizzo – Urban Feast Cooking School – @dominique_rizzourbanfeast
This natural body scrub uses Epsom Salts and coconut oil to exfoliate and moisturise your skin, with fragrant citrus and rose notes. Use daily in the shower to nurture your skin.
- 1 ½ cups natural Epsom Salts
- 4 slices organic dried lemon*
- 4 sliced organic dried orange*
- 4 sprigs of rose geranium* (This is optional, and you can substitute for 2 drops of rose oil or your favourite herb)
- 3 drops lemon, orange or grapefruit oil
- 3 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp dried rose petals
*Home-made dried lemon and orange slices – To prepare, slice the lemons and oranges evenly, about 3-5mm thick. Preheat the oven to 77 c, place the slices directly onto your oven racks and bake until the slices are completely dry, approx. 5-6 hours. You may need to rotate the racks for even drying. Store in an airtight container.
*Rose Geranium – this has a beautiful rose perfume, is completely edible and makes a great addition to your garden. It easily grows from cuttings and can be bought from most garden centres.
- In a small blender, combine the dried lemon, orange and geranium leaves, until blended and broken in to small pieces.
- Add the blended citrus to the Epsom salts, essential oils, dried rose petals and melted coconut oil and mix well until combined.
- Store in an airtight jar and use daily in the shower on your body, hands and feet for a nourishing and nurturing scrub.
About Dominique Rizzo
As a chef, restaurateur, author and TV presenter, my aim is to inspire people to cook with fresh, seasonal, local produce. When I am hosting cooking classes, my aim is to educate people and build confidence in the kitchen. At the same time, I live to inspire creative cooking to bring vitality onto people’s plates. I love sharing my passion for all things world food, with like-minded foodies and travellers.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to Bud Organic Club for free here and get them delivered straight to your inbox!