Recipe by Dominique Rizzo – Urban Feast Cooking School – @dominique_rizzourbanfeast
This makes a delightful dessert that combines the rich flavours of spiced fruit bread with creamy chocolate custard. This indulgent treat is perfect for those who love a combination of warm spices, sweet fruits, and velvety chocolate. Serve warm or chilled, depending on your preference. When served warm, the custard is silky, and the spiced fruit bread becomes soft and infused with the chocolate flavours. If chilled, the dessert takes on a more set texture, with the flavours melding together for a delightful taste experience. These pots make for an elegant and comforting dessert, perfect for special occasions or as a sweet treat to indulge in any time. There are great certified organic dairy, chocolate and sugar options available to make up this delicious recipe.
- 3 tbsp raw sugar
- 40g organic butter, room temperature
- 8 slices of fruit toast
- 4 organic eggs
- 30g castor sugar
- 120g dark chocolate + 60g extra (70 per cent cocoa)
- 200ml cream
- 200ml organic milk
- 3 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180C (conventional) or 160C (fan forced)
- Cut the slices of bread in half on the angle, melt the butter and brush the slices of bread with melted butter, sprinkling some of the raw sugar onto each slice.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream, milk until warm, start to add in the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs and sugar. Pour the combined milk, cream and chocolate with the eggs and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Place the bread into separate bowls or into a greased oven-proof dish that holds about 1lt.
- Pour in the egg, cream, and chocolate mix. Let it sit for 5 minutes for the custard mix to soak into the bread, top with extra chopped chocolate and flaked almonds and bake for 20 – 30 minutes until golden.
- The pudding should still have a slight wobble when cooked. Serve hot with *ice-cream.
Easy white chocolate cinnamon ice cream
- 2 cups thickened heavy whipping cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinammon
- 100g white chocolate (melted and cooled)
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream until stiff.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add a little whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk (just to soften it up a bit) then fold in the remaining whipped cream and melted white chocolate. Gently fold until combined.
- Pour into a regular loaf pan. Drizzle with cooled melted chocolate, and swirl to combine with the tip of a knife.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, overnight or until firm.
About Dominique Rizzo
As a chef, restaurateur, author and TV presenter, my aim is to inspire people to cook with fresh, seasonal, local produce. When I am hosting cooking classes, my aim is to educate people and build confidence in the kitchen. At the same time, I live to inspire creative cooking to bring vitality onto people’s plates. I love sharing my passion for all things world food, with like-minded foodies and travellers.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to Bud Organic Club for free here and get them delivered straight to your inbox!